By Sophia Parsa
The endless restaurant options available to ASU students in Phoenix is a blessing and a curse.
Of course, it’s so amazing that there are so many good restaurants right at our fingertips, but it can be overwhelming when trying to solve the “Where should we eat?” argument once and for all.
Though I try to explore new spots, I’m such a creature of habit.
I find it so easy to fall into the rut of visiting my favorite tried and true places over and over again.
But sometimes, we do decide to take the leap of faith and try somewhere new.
With that be said, how do we go about this?
- Pick a type of cuisine (Asian, Mexican, Bar & Grill, etc.), an area (Tempe, Scottsdale, Downtown), a price range, or the type of vibe you’re going for (place to take your parents to, pregame, dinner date, when you’re just “doing it for the insta”) to help narrow your search
- Instagram! We’re so lucky to live in the day and age of #phoneeatsfirst. Look at the restaurants’ accounts, what they are tagged in, and if the restaurant matches the vibe you’re looking for. A few of my favorite local foodie accounts are:
- Look up the menu – you don’t have to know what you’re going to order ahead of time, but it will give you a better sense of your options as well as give you a way to compare prices.
- Read the reviews. When it comes to food, follow the crowd – it’s usually an indication of what’s good or not.
- Just pick! With all of this research, you should have a pretty good idea if the food will be good.
If you need any advice, DM me on Instagram . I’m such a foodie! So far, some of my favorites have been:
- Diego Pops (Scottsdale)
- Blanco’s Tacos (multiple locations)
- Farm & Craft (Scottsdale)
- Culinary dropout (Tempe)
- Kabuki (Tempe)
- Postino’s (multiple locations)
- La Bocca (Tempe)
- Vine Tavern & Eatery (Tempe)
- Doughbird (Downtown)
- True Food Kitchen (Scottsdale)
- Tocaya Organica (Scottsdale)
- Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles (Tempe or Downtown)
- The Strand (Downtown)
- Cibo (Downtown)
Just this week, I’ve visited two new restaurants. It reminded me that I need to take better advantage of living in a city full of great places. And you should too!
What’s your go-to local restaurant? Let us know on Instagram and Twitter!
Reach the writer on Instagram!