Sometimes, your school or work schedule can overlap a bit with your social life. It can be a quite the hassle to have to go home, completely change your outfit and rush out the door before your friends think you’re ditching them. I know from experience that sometimes life doesn’t slow down for fashion.
Here are some quick and easy outfit transition tips (plus an example!) that will save you an extra few minutes.
1) Make one part of your outfit the “staple” piece that will stay the same. Focus on changing the things that go around it. In my opinion, dresses are the easiest piece of clothing to transform (see below).
2) Simply switching out accessories can make a major difference. Changing pearl studs to hoop earrings can totally change the tone of your outfit. Other easy changes include changing your outerwear or shoes.
3) Pick something out that morning that you’re comfortable in because you’re going to be wearing it all day. Unless you’re a total stiletto pro, save the six inch heels for your evening plans.
4) Plan ahead of time. Have a fairly decent idea of what your plans are for the evening and have clothing set aside.
5) Shop for items that go with several items in your closet. Don’t box yourself in with items that only go together with only one or two other things.
Wear tights underneath the dress and pair with a cardigan and flats. This look gives off a more professional vibe that’s great for the office or a long day of classes.
Ditch the cardigan for a leather jacket (if it’s cold enough) and exchange the flats for a chic pair of ankle boots with knee socks.
Article and Photos by Savanah Yaghsezian