Red carpets are being rolled, fairy god-stylists are returning last night’s dresses and jewelry, the clock has struck midnight on this year’s awards season, and as the saying goes, “they saved the best for last.” Whether or not a star was honored with an Oscar nom, half the fun is in the fashion, and boy were they were dressed to go out with a bang.
These are our nominees for the looks that could have won an award of their own.
The Defending Champions:
- Cate Blanchett in John Galliano for Maison Margiela.
- Jared Leto in Givenchy.
- Jessica Chastain in Givenchy.
- Anna Kendrick (presenter and performer) in Thakoon.
- David Oyelowo (presenter) in Dolce & Gabbana.
- Jennifer Lopez (presenter) in Elie Saab.
- Lady Gaga (performer) during her “The Sound of Music” medley.
- Zoe Saldana (presenter) in Atelier Versace.
Men in Black and Blue:
- Ansel Elgort (presenter) in Prada.
- Bradley Cooper (Best Actor nominee) in Ferragamo.
- Chris Evans (presenter) in Gucci.
- Chris Pine (presenter) in Giorgio Armani.
- Chris Pratt (presenter) in Tom Ford.
- Adam Levine (performer) and his wife Behati Prinsloo.
- Channing Tatum (presenter) in Dolce & Gabbana, and his wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Zuhair Murad.
- Chris Pratt (presenter) and his wife Anna Faris in Zuhair Murad.
- Eddie Redmayne (Best Actor nominee) in Alexander McQueen and his wife Hannah Bagshawe in Alexander McQueen.
- John Legend (Best Original Song winner and performer) and his wife Chrissy Teigen in Zuhair Marad.
- Neil Patrick Harris (host) in Brunello Cucinelli and his husband David Burtka in Calvin Klein.
The Oscar Nominees:
- Emma Stone (Best Supporting Actress nominee) in Elie Saab.
- Reese Witherspoon (Best Actress nominee) in Tom Ford.
- Rosamund Pike (Best Actress nominee)
- Julianne Moore (Best Actress) in Chanel.
- Eddie Redmayne (Best Actor) in Alexander McQueen.
- John Legend (previously pictured) and Common (Best Original Song)
That’s a wrap on the fashion for the 87th Academy Awards. Who do you think should have gone home with an Oscar for Best Academy Award Fashion?
Images Courtesy of: E! Online, Oscars, VOGUE, JustJared, and Red Carpet Fashion Awards (RCFA)
Article by Candice Maniga