We all have those same New Year’s Resolutions each year: spend time with family, eat healthy, go to the gym, fall in love… How about looking your absolute best? Start 2013 right with these Fashion Resolutions, and your list will be sure to have more successes than failures!
1. Be colorful. When it comes to 2013 fashion, hiding behind blacks and grays is no longer an option. Instead, explore the world of color! Use color blocking to your advantage or make a statement with a pop of color on your shoes or lips.
2. Take risks. Try a new trend that might have intimidated you when you first saw it! Show skin with a peekaboo dress or go for a daring look in bold stripes and luxe leather.
3. Remember the little things. No more leaving accessories and nails on the back-burner! Accessories, such as a statement ring or necklace, can complete an outfit, as well as pretty accent nails. In lieu of hoping that no one will notice your uncomplimentary nail color with your ensemble, choose a nail polish to wear for a week with matching outfits to go along with it.
4. Revamp your wardrobe. Quit complaining that you are bored of your clothes and have nothing to wear, and start mixing and matching! Take the clothes you already have in your closet and create new ways to wear them that you’ve never tried before. For instance, instead of pairing that flowy dress with a blazer, try putting a sweater over it. Or match your girly skirt with combat boots to create an unexpected look. The possibilities are endless!
5. Buy everything whole-heartedly and necessarily. Too many times we’ve walked into the mall with a list of clothes we need to buy, and walked out with nothing on that list. This year, make a resolution to actually buy those essentials that will ensure numerous outfit ideas rather than one unnecessary piece that only goes with one other thing in your closet. Also, if you are in the dressing room and debating whether or not you want to buy something, don’t. Absolutely love it, or leave it. You will be glad you did–and so will your wallet!
6. Splurge. While it is important to spend less this year, it is also important to treat yourself. Use the money you saved from other purchases and buy that designer purse or those adorable platform heels you’ve spent hours drooling over and wishing you had. There is nothing wrong with a little splurging (emphasis on the word “little”)!
7. Find a new favorite store. Change up your shopping routine by going into a new store instead of your ordinary go-to places. You will be surprised by what you find and what you were missing out on before. Who knows, you may even discover a whole new fashionista side of yourself that you never knew existed!