Right now, Jack Frost is using his magic touch to coat the outdoors with a thin veil of ice and snow. Why not let him do the same to your makeup? Sporting a frosted lip or eye is a unique way to channel the winter season into your ensemble.
What to Buy:
There are a lot of cosmetic brands out there that can help you achieve the frosted look. But, here are the basics tools you’ll need to get started.
- Eye shadow – You’ll want colors on your eyes that reflect the weather. Light blues and shimmery whites should do the trick.
- Blush – Stick with a pink as light as possible for your cheeks. If it has a highlighter added to it, that’s a plus.
- Lip Color – The color you’re looking for here should be similar to the color of your blush. A really light pink or a nude with some sparkle should be easy to find.
How To Apply:
The best way to rock a frosted look is to keep it light. You want your makeup be like an airy powder of snow, not an avalanche.
- Eyes – Sweep a blue eye shadow on your lids and dust some loose glitter on top for that frosty touch.
- Blush – A light pink blush on the apples of your cheeks will give your chilly look a winter glow.
- Lips – Take your pink lipstick or clear lip-gloss and apply gently. You want to be able to see it, but you don’t want it to be too heavy.
This makeup pairs well with any type of winter outfit, but particularly something in a lighter shade. Throw on a white or silver holiday dress and let it snow!