DownEast believes that shopping should be a fun, guilt-free experience, and as a brand, we offer high-design looks on a bargain basement budget for today’s cost-conscious yet fashionable college student. DownEast is currently recruiting 4 brand ambassadors from Arizona State University. This is a career-forward learning opportunity for students looking to achieve hands-on experience in consumer marketing, event management, promotions and the fashion industry.
Each ambassador will be compensated with a cash-based stipend per semester for completing assigned projects, in addition to receiving the latest DownEast clothing and the opportunity to receive incentives and bonuses based on performance. Working directly with an assigned DownEast manager for each school, ambassadors will be responsible for the activities noted below.
1) Representing DownEast and spearheading the brand’s presence at 3 significant events both on-campus and in our local store location every semester:
– Three events to include such opportunities as:
a) In-store mixer(s)
b) Marketing/shop/booth exhibit at highly attended, school-wide function – such as the tailgating party for a popular home-team sporting (i.e. Homecoming football game or basketball game against main rival)
c) Involvement on the brand’s behalf at a significant campus event – such as a fashion show, formal dinner involving student groups on campus, or “First Look Fashion Viewing Party” for Greek life on campus
– Brand ambassadors will be responsible for confirming the opportunities for the 3 significant events at their schools, pre-planning how the events will be organized for optimal brand awareness exposure, as well as marketing/promoting the event, being in-charge the day-of the event and sharing photos/updates from the event in real-time, as well as sharing photos after the event has finished
2) Direct engagement with DownEast on ideas, plans and program progress per campus, including the following:
– Participate in initial brand training at the DownEast store closest to campus
– Participate in regular phone conference calls (30-60 min in length, 1-2 times per month) with DownEast manager for planning purposes
3) Social media engagement with fellow students on DownEast’s behalf, with such activities as noted below:
– Provide 1-2 style reviews per semester to be included on the “DownEast By Design” www.DownEastBasicsBlog.com fashion blog and initial completion of a brief 3-question “Get to Know Our Brand Ambassadors” survey (to be featured as a Q&A on blog)
– Provide updates a minimum of 3 times/week to the company’s social platforms specific to that campus (i.e. DownEast FB page, DownEast Twitter profile, and as relevant – Pinterest/Instagram)
– Frequent engagement of ambassadors’ own followings on personal individual accounts for social media to fellow students on campus – regarding such updates as: special promotions, sales, event alerts
4) Ambassadors are also expected to provide the following:
– Represent the brand via participation in on-campus clubs/organizations throughout the semester
– Overall, be innovative on how this program can best be utilized to help more students become aware of DownEast as a fun fashion brand for the college lifestyle
In order to be considered, students should be well-connected on campus both through participation in a number of organizations as well as via social media (large followings of fellow students on key social networking platforms); have an interest in organizing events and promotions; demonstrate interest in success through dedication to their academic studies; and have the self-starter attitude needed to successfully work on their own at each campus. Each school’s group of four ambassadors will also be expected to work together as a team to maximize their overall campus marketing effectiveness at their schools.
To be considered for this position, please complete online application survey available at www.downeastbasics.com/DownEastU